Let the aroma of Ruby's cobbler waft through your home the next time you entertain. Its golden crust and tender fruit make it ideal to serve with ice cream.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries or fruit of your choice
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup Master Baking Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- Thaw and chop fruit if necessary. In a saucepan, combine the fruit,
- 3/4 cup water, 1 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons butter. Cook and stir
- over medium heat just until mixture begins to simmer and butter is
- melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine baking mix and remaining sugar. Melt remaining
- butter. Stir butter and remaining water into dry ingredients until
- smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Spoon fruit mixture
- over batter. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until cake tests
- done. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 259 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.