Fruit Cobbler Recipe
Let the aroma of Ruby's cobbler waft through your home the next time you entertain. Its golden crust and tender fruit make it ideal to serve with ice cream.
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries or fruit of your choice
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup Master Baking Mix
- Thaw and chop fruit if necessary. In a saucepan, combine the fruit, 3/4 cup water, 1 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons butter. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture begins to simmer and butter is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine baking mix and remaining sugar. Melt remaining butter. Stir butter and remaining water into dry ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Spoon fruit mixture over batter. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Cobbler in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p34
Reviews for Fruit Cobbler(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review