Fruit Bread Twists Recipe
"My husband loves this fruit-filled bread, so I fix it for him often," shares Sandra Hessler of Caro, Michigan. It's easy to prepare with frozen white and wheat bread dough, yet it's lovely enough for a special occasion.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Cut each loaf of bread dough in half lengthwise. Roll each portion into an 18-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Brush lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with fruit. Roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- 2. For each loaf, twist one white and one wheat rope together, pinching ends to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC