Fruit and Vegetable Salad Recipe
Getting your family to eat fruits and veggies will be a snap, thanks to this tantalizing salad from Vicky LaMance of Middletown, Ohio. A simple reduced-fat dressing coats her crunchy mix of peppers, celery, cabbage, apples and grapes. Not overpowering, it complements their flavors instead of hiding them.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped red apple
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and salt. Stir into pepper mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 95 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Fruit and Vegetable Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC