- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) apricot cake and pastry filling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the milk, butter, egg yolks, salt, yeast mixture, remaining sugar and 1 cup flour; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Press each portion into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon apricot filling over one pastry and cherry filling over the other.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 coffee cakes (15 servings each).
Originally published as Fruit and Streusel Coffee Cakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p25
Reviews for Fruit and Streusel Coffee Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >