- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 1 hour. Punch dough down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Press each
- portion into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon apricot
- filling over one pastry and cherry filling over the other.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops. Cover and let rise
- until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 2 coffee cakes (15 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece apricot coffee cake: equals 301 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. 1 piece cherry coffee cake: equals 245 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.