Fruit and Rice Salad Recipe
This cool refreshing salad is perfect to serve on hot summer days. Rice blends with peaches, grapes, celery, raisins, pecans and a dressing that's just lightly sweet. It's a pretty dish to take to any table. —Gitta Hoffman Mesa, Arizona
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 3 fresh peaches or nectarines, pitted and chopped or 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended. Stir in the rice, peaches, grapes, celery and raisins. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Just before serving, stir in the pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 321 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC