Fruit and Nut Trail Mix
This mouthwatering mix is filled with fall flavors. “Watching weekend football games, we all enjoy snacking on this sweet and crunchy medley,” writes Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, quartered
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Coat a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with cooking
- spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water on high speed for 1 minute
- or until frothy; fold into fruit mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every
- 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 182 mg sodium,