Fruit and Nut Trail Mix Recipe
This mouthwatering mix is filled with fall flavors. “Watching weekend football games, we all enjoy snacking on this sweet and crunchy medley,” writes Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, quartered
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. Coat a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water on high speed for 1 minute or until frothy; fold into fruit mixture.
- 2. Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
1/3 cup equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit and Nut Trail Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC