This mouth-watering mix is filled with nutrition and flavor. Whether out enjoying the outdoors or gathered inside with friends, this munchable medley will hit the spot.
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, quartered
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup salted cashew halves
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Coat a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water on high speed for 1 minute or until frothy; fold into fruit mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in a Ziploc® Brand Container with Snap ‘n Seal® Lid. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Fruit and Nut Trail Mix in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p65
Reviews for Fruit and Nut Trail Mix Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review