Fruit and Nut Muffins Recipe
I got this recipe from a good friend. The muffins can be eaten anytime, of course, but they are especially popular for coffee breaks and brunches. One thing you can count on...they're really nice and moist!
- 4 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, raisins and nuts; set aside. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into apple mixture. Combine dry ingredients; carefully fold into apple mixture. Do not overmix. Fill 18 greased muffin cups almost to the top. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit and Nut Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC