Fruit and Nut Muffins Recipe
I got this recipe from a good friend. The muffins can be eaten anytime, of course, but they are especially popular for coffee breaks and brunches. One thing you can count on...they're really nice and moist!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 4 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, raisins and nuts; set aside. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into apple mixture. Combine dry ingredients; carefully fold into apple mixture. Do not overmix. Fill 18 greased muffin cups almost to the top. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC