- 4 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, raisins and nuts; set aside. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into apple mixture. Combine dry ingredients; carefully fold into apple mixture. Do not overmix. Fill 18 greased muffin cups almost to the top. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fruit and Nut Muffins
Sort By :
"While I would indeed make this recipe again I found I had to modify it. There was simply not enough flour to go with all the fruit! I used both whole wheat & white flour but used a total of 3 cups. This also required adding more liquid so I added about a cup of low fat yoghurt and a splash of milk. The ladies in church loved them with these adjustments. Thanks for the recipe!"