Fruit and Nut Granola Recipe
Snack on some good-for-you granola that's loaded with, grains, nuts and fruit while you read about a woman's quest to healthy cooking. Good Enough to Eat written by Stacey Ballis takes you on a woman's journey to finding herself.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Wheaties
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, orange juice, honey and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to two greased and foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Fruit and Nut Granola in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p172
Reviews for Fruit and Nut Granola(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review