Fruit and Nut Bread Pudding Recipe
This recipe started out as a plain bread pudding. My husband, Tom, suggested adding some pecans, then I decided to add the pie filling. These ingredients make the pudding crunchy, moist and even more delicious.
- 16 slices day-old bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling, slices cut in half
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine bread and sugar. Set aside. In another bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until foamy. Pour over bread and sugar; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cream. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until firm. Cut into squares. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 488 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit and Nut Bread Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC