Fruit and Cream Parfaits
Parfaits are one of prettiest looking desserts with the layers of fruit and cream. This recipe is no exception and tastes delicious.—Jeannette Mack, Rushville, New York
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry, strawberry, raspberry or blueberry pie filling, divided
- In a bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar,
- vanilla an salt; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour cream.
- Set aside six cherries from pie filling.
- Spoon half of the remaining pie filling into parfait glasses; top
- with half of the cream mixture. Repeat layers. Top with reserved
- cherries. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.