Fruit and Cream Dessert
I use canned fruit cocktail with fresh bananas in winter. In summer, we enjoy the fresh berries of the season.Betty B. Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) chunky fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- In a bowl, combine fruit cocktail, bananas, lemon juice and cherries.
- In another bowl, combine the whipped topping and sour cream.
- Refrigerate both bowls until ready to serve. To serve, spoon fruit
- into individual serving bowls; top with cream mixture. Yield: 6
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.