Fruit and Cheese Kabobs Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. On 12 wooden skewers, alternately thread the strawberries, grapes and cheese cubes. For dip, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, honey and cinnamon. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 12 kabobs (1-1/2 cups dip).
2 each: 233 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fruit and Cheese Kabobs
"Easy to make. Tried canned pineapple, using the juice to dip banana and apple slices to preserve. The yogurt/sour cream dip is delicious."
"Love this recipe! Use long cocktail toothpicks with frilly tops and skewer 5-6 pieces on each. Kids and adults love them as a healthy change amongst other appetizers."
"The turned out very good and light. I also added watermelon chunks on my wood skewers. Everyone loved them."
"The dip is really good with bananas too. Don't be afraid of the fact that it is lower fat."