Fruit and Cheese Kabobs
Our Test Kitchen staff, many of whom are busy young mothers themselves, came up with this fresh and fruity, summer snack idea. It's easy to make ahead and carry to the ballpark, beach or playing field, and the cinnamon-spiced yogurt dip adds that special touch kids love.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- On 12 wooden skewers, alternately thread the strawberries, grapes and
- cheese cubes. For dip, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sour
- cream, honey and cinnamon. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield:
- 12 kabobs (1-1/2 cups dip).
Nutritional Facts: 2 kabobs with 1/4 cup dip (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, fat-free yogurt and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 233 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.