Fruit and Cheese Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 8 ounces cubed cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, or a combination of cheeses
- 1. For dip, mix first four ingredients. On 12 wooden skewers, alternately thread strawberries, grapes and cheese cubes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 kabobs (1-1/2 cups dip).
1 kabob with 2 tablespoons dip: 147 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Fruit and Cheese Kabobs
"Easy to make. Tried canned pineapple, using the juice to dip banana and apple slices to preserve. The yogurt/sour cream dip is delicious."
"Love this recipe! Use long cocktail toothpicks with frilly tops and skewer 5-6 pieces on each. Kids and adults love them as a healthy change amongst other appetizers."
"The turned out very good and light. I also added watermelon chunks on my wood skewers. Everyone loved them."
"The dip is really good with bananas too. Don't be afraid of the fact that it is lower fat."