Fruit and Cheese Kabobs Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. On 12 wooden skewers, alternately thread the strawberries, grapes and cheese cubes. For dip, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, honey and cinnamon. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 12 kabobs (1-1/2 cups dip).
2 kabobs with 1/4 cup dip (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, fat-free yogurt and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 233 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.