One pan of these sweet, rich bars goes a long way. Colorful candied fruit makes it especially festive.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour; beat until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking
- dish. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and lemon juice. Stir in candies fruit. Spread over
- crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: About 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 103 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.