Fruit-and-Cheese Bars Recipe
One pan of these sweet, rich bars goes a long way. Colorful candied fruit makes it especially festive.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour; beat until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- 2. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and lemon juice. Stir in candies fruit. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: About 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 103 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC