One pan of these sweet, rich bars goes a long way. Colorful candied fruit makes it especially festive.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour; beat until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and lemon juice. Stir in candies fruit. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: About 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Fruit-and-Cheese Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p97
Reviews for Fruit-and-Cheese Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2010
"Buttery and delicious, and very easy to make."