Fruit and Caramel Brie Recipe
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1. Place Brie in a microwave-safe bowl. In a small bowl, combine the caramel topping, cranberries, apples and walnuts. Spread over Brie. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 60-90 seconds or until cheese is heated through and slightly melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 412 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Fruit and Caramel Brie
"This was great appetizer for before Thanksgiving dinner. Very good, easy to prepare. Only thing to be VERY careful about is microwaving times. Start with 30 seconds and work up to 90. Brie can be easily over heated. Watch your microwave and you will be very happy with the results!!"
"Delicious, easy and not time consuming to make. Served w/ Breton crackers and it was a hit w/ our dinner guests. Will make again."
"Absolutely wonderful! I also made it for both Christmas and New Year's--couldn't get enough."
"It's so easy. Guests find it impressive. Caution: can be addicting!"
"This is an awesome appetizer! Everyone was eating it up! Followed recipe to a T :)"
"Made this for Christmas Day (we always have appetizers before the arduous task of opening gifts). We liked it so much that I am making it for a New Year's party too. I made it exactly as directed, and it was wonderful. Also good with crackers such as whole wheat or Triscuits."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a real hit. Would definitely make it again and have additional brie on hand to double recipe."
"Instead of dried i used Fresh chopped up apple pieces, and the crunch was appreciated. It was so yummy!! My dad always brings it up "Remember when you made that baguette thing that was so good?" It was easy, but mine didn't look as good as the picture..so i just topped the toasted bread and served."
"Fabulous taste and so simple. I used Welche's diced cranberries and apples with cinnamon. I've made it for friends in NY, Utah and AZ and everyone loves it. My foodie friends couldn't pick out the caramel. Sherry"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer