Fruit and Caramel Brie
"I’m a stay-at-home mother with two boys and I enjoy cooking—especially appetizers," shares Tracy Schuhmacher from Penfield, New York. "It must run in the family because my mom served appetizers and desserts exclusively for several Christmas Eve celebrations. Brie is one of my favorite cheeses and this sweet-savory recipe is party-special but especially easy to throw together."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- Place Brie in a microwave-safe bowl. In a small bowl, combine the
- caramel topping, cranberries, apples and walnuts. Spread over Brie.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 60-90 seconds or until cheese is
- heated through and slightly melted. Serve with toasted baguette
- slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 412 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer