- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- Place Brie in a microwave-safe bowl. In a small bowl, combine the caramel topping, cranberries, apples and walnuts. Spread over Brie. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 60-90 seconds or until cheese is heated through and slightly melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Fruit and Caramel Brie
"This was great appetizer for before Thanksgiving dinner. Very good, easy to prepare. Only thing to be VERY careful about is microwaving times. Start with 30 seconds and work up to 90. Brie can be easily over heated. Watch your microwave and you will be very happy with the results!!"
"Delicious, easy and not time consuming to make. Served w/ Breton crackers and it was a hit w/ our dinner guests. Will make again."
"Absolutely wonderful! I also made it for both Christmas and New Year's--couldn't get enough."
"It's so easy. Guests find it impressive. Caution: can be addicting!"
"This is an awesome appetizer! Everyone was eating it up! Followed recipe to a T :)"