"I’m a stay-at-home mother with two boys and I enjoy cooking—especially appetizers," shares Tracy Schuhmacher from Penfield, New York. "It must run in the family because my mom served appetizers and desserts exclusively for several Christmas Eve celebrations. Brie is one of my favorite cheeses and this sweet-savory recipe is party-special but especially easy to throw together."
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- Place Brie in a microwave-safe bowl. In a small bowl, combine the caramel topping, cranberries, apples and walnuts. Spread over Brie. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 60-90 seconds or until cheese is heated through and slightly melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruit and Caramel Brie in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p37
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Fruit and Caramel Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review