Fruit 'n' Veggie Salad Recipe
"This lovely salad, which combines vegetables, fruit and a sweet/tart dressing, is a tasty change from the ordinary," notes Jean Conway of Anaheim, California.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, honey and salt; shake well. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Veggie Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p11
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Veggie Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2009
This is very good, but I made it x6 and ended up with an absurd amount of dressing. I think I would put in less dried fruit as well. I will probably make this again, but will change some of the proportions to my liking.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >