A hint of ginger in the dressing accents this delightful salad from field editor Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah.
- 1 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 4 cups whole strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- GINGER SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Arrange spinach and fruit on salad plates. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Spinach Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p52
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2008
"I add cubed chicken and diced avocado"