Fruit 'n' Spice Salad
If you're looking for a new dish for a summer lunch, you'll love this salad. The meat and rice make it a hearty meal, while the apples add a refreshing crunch.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cooked long grain or wild rice
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham or turkey
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cubed
- 1 small Red Delicious apple, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- In a large bowl, combine rice, ham, apples, onions, grapes and
- raisins. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, curry,
- cinnamon and salt; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Chill
- for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add almonds and toss.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium,