Fruit 'n' Spice Rounds Recipe
While looking for a way to use an abundance of dates I had on hand, I came across this recipe. With raisins and walnuts - and a delectable lemon glaze - these quickly became a family favorite.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped dates
- 1 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the dates, raisins and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; brush over warm cookies. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 242 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Spice Rounds
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC