Fruit 'N' Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled fresh pear
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled peach
- 1/2 cup sliced firm banana
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, rice, strawberries, pear, peach and banana. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, honey and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit mixture; toss to coat. Line salad plates with spinach; top with fruit mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup fruit mixture with 1/2 cup spinach) equals 159 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.