This colorful combination of strawberries, pear, peach , pineapple and banana is tossed with yogurt and rice for a delightful side dish that really says summer. Violet Beard from Marshall, Illinois submitted this recipe.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled fresh pear
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled peach
- 1/2 cup sliced firm banana
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, rice, strawberries, pear, peach and banana. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, honey and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit mixture; toss to coat. Line salad plates with spinach; top with fruit mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'N' Rice Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p21
Reviews for Fruit 'N' Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review