Fruit 'N' Nut Tossed Salad Recipe
With its sweet lemony dressing, this green salad comes together in only 15 minutes. Sue Stewart shares the pretty medley. "Even my picky 6-year-old will eat this," she notes from Hales Corners, Wisconsin.
- 1 head romaine, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, gently toss the romaine, oranges, grapes and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Fruit 'N' Nut Tossed Salad
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2011
"We love this salad and I have prepared it countless times. It has a nice light fruity flavor. I especially like to serve it with Mexican food because it goes so nicely with spicy flavors."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC