With its sweet lemony dressing, this green salad comes together in only 15 minutes. Sue Stewart shares the pretty medley. "Even my picky 6-year-old will eat this," she notes from Hales Corners, Wisconsin.
- 1 head romaine, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, gently toss the romaine, oranges, grapes and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'N' Nut Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p40
Reviews for Fruit 'N' Nut Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2011
"We love this salad and I have prepared it countless times. It has a nice light fruity flavor. I especially like to serve it with Mexican food because it goes so nicely with spicy flavors."