Fruit 'n' Nut Stollen Recipe
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup each raisins and dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup each chopped dried pineapple and apricots
- 1/4 cup each chopped pecans, almonds, Brazil nuts and walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, cardamom and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk and 1/2 cup butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the dried fruits, nuts and extract; set aside.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead fruit mixture into dough. Divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 10-in. x 8-in. oval. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Fold a long side over to within 1 in. of opposite side; press edges lightly to seal. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 142 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Stollen
"I love this recipe! I will make it again and again!"