- 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once
- to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
- 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the dried fruits, nuts and extract;
- set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead fruit
- mixture into dough. Divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a
- 10-in. x 8-in. oval. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Fold a
- long side over to within 1 in. of opposite side; press edges lightly
- to seal. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm loaves.
- Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 142 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.