Fruit 'n' Nut Spread Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, lemon juice and allspice; cover and process until smooth. Stir in fruit and nuts. Yield: 1 cup.
One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 67 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.