Fruit 'n' Nut Spread Recipe
Go ahead...spread on Caralyn Berigan's toast topper a little thick. "I adapted it from a higher-calorie spread without losing its fruity flavor," she reports from Golden, Colorado. "It's excellent on bagels, whole wheat toast and muffins."
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, lemon juice and allspice; cover and process until smooth. Stir in fruit and nuts. Yield: 1 cup.
2 tablespoon: 67 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 lean meat, 0 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Spread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC