Go ahead...spread on Caralyn Berigan's toast topper a little thick. "I adapted it from a higher-calorie spread without losing its fruity flavor," she reports from Golden, Colorado. "It's excellent on bagels, whole wheat toast and muffins."
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Nutella
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, lemon juice and allspice; cover and process until smooth. Stir in fruit and nuts. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Fruit 'N' Nut Spread in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p7