Fruit 'n' Nut Salad Recipe
MY MOTHER-IN-LAW created this recipe using leftover fruit from holiday baking. It tasted so good that it became standard fare every time we had ham or turkey. It's a perfect side dish for those entrees. For color and a touch of sweetness, I sometimes add miniature marshmallows. -Willie Mae Philen, Mexia, Alabama
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 medium oranges, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, raisins, cherries and pecans. Combine mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice; mix well. Add to fruit mixture and stir to coat. Chill. Just before serving, stir in bananas. Yield: 12-16 servings.
3/4 cup: 279 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Salad
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"delicious, and made with ingredients onhand"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC