MY MOTHER-IN-LAW created this recipe using leftover fruit from holiday baking. It tasted so good that it became standard fare every time we had ham or turkey. It's a perfect side dish for those entrees. For color and a touch of sweetness, I sometimes add miniature marshmallows. -Willie Mae Philen, Mexia, Alabama
Featured In: 25 Potluck Salads to Feed a Crowd
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 medium oranges, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, raisins, cherries and pecans. Combine mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice; mix well. Add to fruit mixture and stir to coat. Chill. Just before serving, stir in bananas. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Nut Salad in Reminisce March/April 1996, p47
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"delicious, and made with ingredients onhand"