MY MOTHER-IN-LAW created this recipe using leftover fruit from holiday baking. It tasted so good that it became standard fare every time we had ham or turkey. It's a perfect side dish for those entrees. For color and a touch of sweetness, I sometimes add miniature marshmallows. -Willie Mae Philen, Mexia, Alabama
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 medium oranges, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, raisins, cherries and pecans. Combine mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice; mix well. Add to fruit mixture and stir to coat. Chill. Just before serving, stir in bananas. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Nut Salad in Reminisce March/April 1996, p47
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review