- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the raisins, orange juice and sugar
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool
- slightly. Transfer to a food processor or blender; cover and process
- until coarsely chopped. Pour into a bowl; stir in nuts.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and grease well; set aside. Punch
- dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in
- half. Roll each portion into a 15-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread
- filling over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll
- style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Place each roll seam side down on a prepared baking sheet; pinch ends
- together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge to
- two-thirds of the way toward center of the ring at 1-in. intervals.
- Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to cool on wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over
- rings. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 249 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.