Fruit 'n' Nut Mini Loaves Recipe
"My family really enjoys these pretty mini loaves - every slice is loaded with fruit and nuts," jots Judi Oudekerk from Buffalo, Minnesota. "You can substitute dates for the dried apricots for a change of pace...or use red and green maraschino cherries at Christmas for added color."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dried apricots or dates, halved
- 16 ounces Brazil nuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir in the apricots, nuts and cherries. Beat eggs and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into eight greased and floured 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans (pans will be full).
- 2. Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pans to wire racks. Cool completely before slicing. Yield: 8 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 310 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Mini Loaves
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC