Fruit 'n' Nut Mini Loaves Recipe
"My family really enjoys these pretty mini loaves - every slice is loaded with fruit and nuts," jots Judi Oudekerk from Buffalo, Minnesota. "You can substitute dates for the dried apricots for a change of pace...or use red and green maraschino cherries at Christmas for added color."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dried apricots or dates, halved
- 16 ounces Brazil nuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir in the apricots, nuts and cherries. Beat eggs and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into eight greased and floured 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans (pans will be full).
- Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pans to wire racks. Cool completely before slicing. Yield: 8 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Nut Mini Loaves in Country Woman January/February 1999, p40
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Mini Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2009
we loved this recipe. i subed splelnda for sugar and added raisins with the apricots and red and green cherries this made a great fruit cake for our taste but left out the nuts.