Fruit 'n' Nut Granola Recipe
The combination of crunchy nuts and chewy fruit makes this granola a hit for breakfast or snacking. It's packed with lots of ingredients that taste great. —Sue Hochhalter-Broyles, Rapelje, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:9 servings
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, milk powder, fruit, walnuts, wheat germ and cinnamon.
- 2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in oil and vanilla until mixed. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 275° for 35-45 minutes. Stir in raisins. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7 cups.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC