Fruit 'n' Nut Cookies Recipe
Once after making a fruit cake, I had some fruit and nuts left over. I mixed them into a basic cookie dough along with pineapple and coconut. These soft, colorful cookies are a nice addition to a Christmas dessert tray.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. Cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients. Shape into three 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 165 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC