Fruit 'n' Nut Cherry Pie Recipe
It's a pleasure to serve this festive ruby-colored pie, which tastes as good as it looks! The filling is an irresistible combination of fruits and nuts. Topped with a bit of whipped cream, a lovely slice of this pie is a cool refreshing end to an enjoyable meal. -Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 pastry shells (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine pie filling, pineapple, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring if desired; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool. Fold in bananas and nuts. Pour into pie shells. Chill for 2-3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 281 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Cherry Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC