Fruit 'n' Nut Cherry Pie Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 pastry shells (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine pie filling, pineapple, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring if desired; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool. Fold in bananas and nuts. Pour into pie shells. Chill for 2-3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 281 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Cherry Pie
"I knew it would be good from the ingedients and it was. Easy to make. I am taking to a potluck and since it makes 2 took to the office today. They all loved it."