Fruit 'n' Nut Cherry Pie Recipe
It's a pleasure to serve this festive ruby-colored pie, which tastes as good as it looks! The filling is an irresistible combination of fruits and nuts. Topped with a bit of whipped cream, a lovely slice of this pie is a cool refreshing end to an enjoyable meal. -Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 pastry shells (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, combine pie filling, pineapple, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring if desired; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool. Fold in bananas and nuts. Pour into pie shells. Chill for 2-3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Nut Cherry Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p31
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Cherry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2009
I knew it would be good from the ingedients and it was. Easy to make. I am taking to a potluck and since it makes 2 took to the office today. They all loved it.