Here's a healthy treat that grandchildren are sure to enjoy. For convenient snacking, wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap.
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sesame seeds
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Press mixture firmly and evenly into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack at least 2 hours. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 18 bars.
Originally published as Fruit 'N' Nut Bars in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p59
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review