Fruit 'N' Feta Tossed Salad
"This is an adaptation of a salad I tasted at a restaurant. The combination of cheese and apples is delicious," says Debbie Blackburn of Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. "I came up with the dressing recipe, which has a fruity flavor and creamy texture."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- CREAMY RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Strain raspberries, reserving juice; discard seeds and pulp. In a
- small bowl, whisk the yogurt, vinegar, tarragon and raspberry juice
- until smooth. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, carrot and
- apples. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve with dressing. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup salad with 2 tablespoons dressing) equals 94 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.