Fruit 'n' Feta Spinach Salad Recipe
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, apple, grapes, cranberries, onions and walnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 134 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.