“This is a salad I served on our 25th wedding anniversary,” says Paula Wharton of El Paso, Texas. “Everyone always comments on the blending of fruits, nuts and spinach. It's an easy salad to put together, it's low in fat and makes a very pretty presentation.”
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, apple, grapes, cranberries, onions and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Feta Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p31
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Feta Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
"I make this recipe every time I have guests over. It is always a hit! The flavors are great together."