Ruth Kaercher, Hudsonville, Michigan, sent this creamy crepes recipe.
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup each fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Stir batter; pour about 2 tablespoons into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Make 3 more crepes, adding remaining butter to skillet as needed.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread 1 rounded tablespoon on each crepe; top with 1/4 cup fruit and roll up. Sprinkle with remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Cream Crepes in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p27
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Cream Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2013
"Double up .A great summer breakfast lite and filling."
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2011
"I would recommend doubling the filling for 2 servings, but other than that this is a great recipe. My husband and I loved it!"
Reviewed May. 3, 2009