Fruit 'n' Cheese Salad Recipe
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 3 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, fruit, cheese, onion and nuts if desired. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and salt if desired. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared without walnuts and salt) equals 126 calories, 195 mg sodium, 8 mg cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 meat.