Fruit 'n' Cheese Salad Recipe
Sweet dressing, tart grapefruit sections, toasted walnuts and pungent blue cheese come together in this unusual salad from Fred Peterson of Peterson's Groves and Nursery in Vero Beach, Florida. The recipe showcases one of the citrus fruits he and his brother, Ed, grow in Indian River County.
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 3 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, fruit, cheese, onion and nuts if desired. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and salt if desired. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Cheese Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p45
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Cheese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review