Fruit 'n' Cheese Medley Recipe
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 4 teaspoons juice. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, lettuce, grapes and cheese. Divide between two salad plates. Combine the sour cream and reserved pineapple juice; spoon over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 156 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.