Shared by Romaine Wetzel in Ronks, Pennsylvania, this refreshing salad is loaded with grapes, pineapple and cheese. “What’s more, it’s pretty and goes together in just minutes on a hectic night,” Romaine adds. TIP: For a delightful main dish, add a cup of cooked diced ham, suggests Romaine.
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Drain pineapple, reserving 4 teaspoons juice. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, lettuce, grapes and cheese. Divide between two salad plates. Combine the sour cream and reserved pineapple juice; spoon over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Cheese Medley in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p54
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Cheese Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review